Terms and Conditions
Promoter: Heineken UK Limited, 3-4 Broadway Park, South Gyle Broadway, EDINBURGH, EH12 9JZ
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information.
Who can enter
- Only open to residents in the UK (excl. Isle of Man and Channel Islands) aged 18 or over, excluding employees of any company in the Heineken group and any person whom, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, should be excluded due to their involvement or connection with this promotion.
- Smartphone, internet access and a valid email address are required. Your standard network rates apply.
How to enter
- The promotion opens on 9:00am 03.07.2023 and closes on 9:00am 28.08.2023 (“the Promotional Period”).
- Purchase a pint or 500ml bottle of Old Mout and scan the QR code available on font hangers, table talkers and strut cards, which directs you to the Old Mout landing page www.oldmoutcider.co.uk/win-pub to proceed as below. Alternatively go direct to the Old Mout landing page www.oldmoutcider.co.uk/win-pub on your mobile phone. Old Mout is subject to availability and service is at the discretion of the bar staff.
- Using either entry route, you will be asked to grant access to your smartphone camera, motion sensors and orientation in order for the AR experience to work. The AR experience is not optimised for devices below iPhone 8, iOS 14, and Android 9. Once access is granted, the Old Mout AR experience will open where you will be asked to click the 3 x AR animals when you spot our digital iconic species. The animals are bees, puffins and hedgehogs. Upon clicking all 3 AR animals, a unique code will appear. This code will need to be copied and entered into the entry form following the AR experience. Click ‘Enter Prize Draw’ to go to entry form and enter code along with your first name, last name and email address.
- If you enter your details at a preselected randomly allocated winning time you will then proceed to a further page to spin the wheel where you can win a randomly allocated Tier 1 or Tier 2 prize. If you do not enter your details at a preselected random winning moment, you will be advised that you have not won a prize but if any prizes are not allocated by the end of the campaign, you will be entered into a prize draw for a chance to win. See Term 12 for more details.
- Winner selection is based on a winning moments mechanic and prizes will be allocated at random throughout the Promotional Period via an independently audited and verified winning moments programme prior to the start of the Promotion. All prizes are as stipulated and will be available to be won. All prizes will be allocated. The winners will be the entrants whose entry is received at predetermined winning moment. However if no entry is received for the randomly allocated period following the winning moment time period, the prize will be lost.
All unallocated or unclaimed prizes will roll into a prize draw at the end of the campaign, where all entrants will be in with a chance to win remaining prizes. See Term 12 for more details.
- Maximum of 8 entries per person throughout the Promotional Period, limited by email address.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw a prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Every entry during the Promotional Period will also trigger a £1 donation to WWF from the Promoter – this will be capped at £255,000.
The Prizes (main promotion)
- Tier 1 prizes available are: 5x £2000 Canopy and Stars gift cards and tier 2 prizes available are 200x Old Mout tote bags, 200x Old Mout coffee cups or 100x Old Mout Glasses. A £500 travel allowance will be provided to all Tier 1 prize winners. Gift card terms and conditions apply see below for details. Gift cards are not for resale and the Promoter reserves the right to invalidate any gift cards which are sold on. Maximum 1 [Tier 1 prize and 1 Tier 2] prize per household.
Winner notification and prize delivery (main promotion)
- Winners who spin the wheel will be notified instantly what they have won.
- For Tier 1 prize winners, they will be sent a follow up email within 14 days with details on how to claim the prize and to verify win. Once Tier 1 winner is validated passports and log in details will be provided for Canopy & Stars. For Tier 2 prize winners, they will receive an email within 7 days with a form to complete with personal details for delivery of prize. All Tier 2 prizes will be posted to the winners within 30 days of the winner validation.
If the prize winner does not respond within 7 days of initial email notification, the prize will be lost and the prize will roll into the prize draw at the end of the campaign.
The roll up prize draw will be conducted on 05.09.23 for all entrants who have entered the main promotion and not already won a prize. The winners of the roll up prize draw will be the first qualifying entrants drawn at random and the prizes will be allocated at random and winners will be notified via email within 4 working days of the draw. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the prizes within 7 days of being notified.
If the prize winner does not respond by 15.09.23, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner.
- There is no cash or other alternative to these prizes in whole or in part. Prizes are not transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the prize if it is transferred.
Additional terms and conditions
- An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from agents, trade, consumer groups or third parties are invalid and will not be accepted. Entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entries received in excess of the limitation as set out in Term 8 will be invalid and will not be accepted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, incomplete, illegible or delayed entries, such entries will be void. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt and promoter does not accept any responsibility for the non receipt or the late receipt of entries due to network failure or for any associated costs to entrants. No entries submitted via any other means will be accepted. The promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and winners and may refuse to award a Prize or withdraw prize entitlement or refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the promotion or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions, and these will be binding.
- 17. Provided no objection is received, if you are a winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by the Promoter to anyone sending a request to email@example.com one month after the closing date of this Promotion, for a period of 12 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by making this known in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
- The decision of the Promoter in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
- All taxes (including without limitation national & local taxes) in connection with any prize and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- The Promotion and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English and Welsh courts. Consumers in Scotland and Northern Ireland may additionally bring an action in their home courts.
Canopy & Stars Gift Card Terms & Conditions
- Gift Cards are valid for 12 months from issue date. The booking must be made within this time, but the stay can fall outside of it.
- If the total value of your stay at a Canopy & Stars place is greater than the Gift Card, the excess is the responsibility of the Gift Card holder.
- If the total value of stay is less than the Gift Card, there will be no cash refund, but the difference will be reissued to you as a separate Gift Card.
- Gift Cards will be deducted from the total value of the stay at point of booking.
- Costs associated with travel to and from the chosen place are the responsibilities of the Gift Card holder.
- If booking online, you must enter the unique reference number into the relevant section of the booking form. If phoning to redeem, please say you are using the Gift Card and quote the unique reference number.
- Gift Cards may only be redeemed once, cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Poster, Table Talker & Strut Card Terms
Full Ts&Cs: www.oldmoutcider.co.uk/win-pub
- UK residents aged 18+ from 0900 on 3.7.23 to 0900 on 28.8.23. Max 8 entries per person. Max 1 prize per household.
- See posters, scan QR code on font hangers, table talkers and strut cards in outlet or go to www.oldmoutcider.co.uk/win-pub on your mobile phone.
- Open AR experience by granting access to your phone. Click 3 digital iconic species (bees, puffins & hedgehogs) to reveal a unique code to copy into entry form. Requires internet + email address. AR experience not optimised for devices below iPhone 8, iOS 14, and Android 9.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 Prizes allocated through a spin mechanic at random times. Prizes must be claimed within 7 days.
- Tier 1 prizes: 5x £2,000 Canopy & Stars gift card to book own trip + £500 travel allowance. Tier 2 prizes: 200x Tote bags, 200x Coffee cups & 100x Old Mout glasses. All unclaimed prizes will be awarded via a final prize draw on 5.9.23
Promoter: Heineken UK Limited, 3-4 Broadway Park, South Gyle Broadway, Edinburgh, EH12 9JZ
*A maximum of £255,000 will be donated to WWF-UK, registered charity no. 1081247 in England and Wales and SC039593 in Scotland to support their conservation work in the UK and around the world. WWF and 1986 Panda Symbol are owned by WWF. All rights reserved.
Font hanger Terms
See posters in outlet for more details or go to www.oldmoutcider.co.uk/win-pub. UK residents. Over 18s only. Closes 0900 28.8.23. Scan QR code to play AR game on your mobile. Prizes allocated at random. Not optimised for devices below iPhone 8, iOS 14, and Android. Promoter: Heineken UK, EH12 9JZ
*A maximum of £255,000 will be donated to WWF-UK, registered charity no. 1081247 in England and Wales and SC039593 in Scotland to support their conservation work in the UK and around the world. WWF® and ©1986 Panda Symbol are owned by WWF. All rights reserved.